MAP Sensor

Mike Morrin mikem at southern.co.nz
Thu Nov 19 01:07:56 GMT 1998

At 12:31 pm 11/19/98 +1200, Tom Parker wrote:

>Hmmm... in New Zealand, the only common GM cars (that I know of) are Holdens.
>I guess I've just got to go to the breakers and look for something that looks
>useful.

I know the feeling.

You might find that your local library has something like a Chilterns or
similar manual covering fuel injection on "import" cars.  Browsing through
that you can make a list of which japanese cars use MAP rather than MAF.
>From memory, it is mainly Nissans and a few Toyota that use MAP.

Alternatively, poke around all the cars in the wreckers yard, looking for
fuel injection without a MAF sensor in the air path.

Most of the common cars in the yards here are MAF.

regards,

Mike Morrin