new member....backfire prob.

David Curtis spdrcr at flash.net
Thu Nov 19 07:27:47 GMT 1998

hello,
  thanks to Dave H. for telling me about this list.

  I have a '67 Camaro with a '97 LT1.  I run a '95 Z28 computer.
The copmuter has had the airpump and passkey programmed out.

  When I acclerate like I mean it, I get a good, single
bang out the back end when I hit the clutch on the upshifts.
  I notice it does this when ever I'm around 4k rpm and higher.

 Also, if i let the car decelerate in gear..I get some not-quite rapid
fire pops out the tail pipes.

  I am a novice in the ECM modification area.   Does my problem seem to
be PCM related?    Where should I begin my investigation?

  Thank you
David Curtis
mailto:spdrcr at flash.net