Readin' n writin' a GM PCM???

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 19 17:19:57 GMT 1998

>Well, now that I can scan my GM PCM (1995 F-body LT1).  I'd like
>to learn how to dump its memory, and possibly, if I'm bold enough,
>how to re program the flash memory.  I have to believe that people
>on this list are doing this today.  Could anyone tell me how it's
>done, or point me in a direction so I can learn how to do it?

I am working on OBD-2 VPW, which is compatible to GM class 2
protocol. What baud rate or you using?  I will put a break-out box on
a Hyper-T for 96 vortec to trouble shoot the data lines soon.
The J2190 codes seem to be $3B and $3C.  Ease scan tools at
www.obd2.com seem to be have performance options planned.
alex

alex