Misc ?? EFI

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 21 14:04:57 GMT 1998

At 11:21 PM 11/20/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Your statements make sense to me.  Just to add a couple more cents...
>When an ECM is in PE and open loop, it can still be using the info it
>learned about the engine during closed loop operation.  So, while it can't
>use the O2 sensor to try to maintain an AFR of say 12.5 (PE and open
>loop), it can extrapolate from what it learned during closed loop and make
>adjustments to the fuel delivery that ECM programmer thought would result
>in an AFR of 12.5.  Depending on how good the programmer was, the
>asumptions made, and engine mods, the resulting AFR may end up close to
>12.5.
>
>Comments?

Scot's info was *VERY* good!
And yes, the learned adjustments are applied to the PE mode mixtures... If
I remember right though, it will apply to the mixture any additional fuel
to richen it, but if it has learnewd that it needs to be lean it sets the
PE BLM to 128 and delivers factory programmed fuel which may be a bit rich
in that event.  they do that to keep from leaning the mixture at WOT and
melting pistons.
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.