Misc ?? EFI

Jason Weir Jweir at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 21 15:26:19 GMT 1998

Geoff & Sue Richards wrote:

> <snip>
>
> >> WOT, is it only truely correct to call this PE, rather than even
> >> mentioning "open loop"?.
> >
> According to my manual for Holden (quote)" PE mode delivers
> a rich mixture to the cylinders during a _large_ throttle position
> change command from the driver"(end quote)which would indicate
> that to be in PE ya don't necessarily need to be at WOT( me thinks)
> Geoff

    In the 7747 you can vary the amount of TPS that it takes to go into
PE. So as far as the computer is concerned WOT is considered everything
that point in where the TPS threshold is met to go into PE.  So you are
correct in saying that you can be in PE mode but not truly have it to
the floor (true WOT).

    While in PE it stays closed loop but it no longer is in learn mode,
meaning that the BLM and INT values are no longer being modified, the
same thing happens on closed throttle deceleration, it stays in closed
loop but learn mode turns off.  When learn mode turns off if the BLM
values are lower than 128 a substitute value of 128 is used but if the
BLM values are above 128 there is no substitution and the higher
(enriching) value is applied...

--
Jason Weir
88 Wrangler - 258 Chevy TBI