holley 4d_ efi changes??

Ross Corrigan zxv at istar.ca
Sat Nov 21 17:34:02 GMT 1998

has the holley 4d_ system throttle body changed at all since its inception?
 Local fella has the 700cfm unit  FS w/ original analog AND a new digital
controller that I'd love to mount on my fbody motor'68 327 shortblock w/
64cc Al heads (a decent breathing setup I'll keep under 350hp)

I know the digital unit is the newer holley controller for the 4d system
but would the throttle body be as good as current throttle bodies or would
it be an old/rudimentary introductory type??  (also don't know if this is
the knob's digital controller or the interactive laplink/computer type)

He advertised last May when I had no cash and now I do and this is the
system I've wanted for its lightweight and tuneability, he gets back home
on Sun (just called from my May ad just to see and he just readvertised
which I confirmed online) and I don't want to miss the boat on this if it's
what I want.

new ad just last week..."HOLLEY Pro-Jection 700 CFM 4V compl kit, will fit
any sq bore manif"

and old May ad

" HOLLEY 700 CFM pro-jection, 465 PPH injectors, comes as a
                  compl kit incl dig & analogue ECU 6"

thanks to all in advance

PS just read in hotrod dec/98 has one article w/ the 4di answering a few of
my q's, the digital systems TPS is far more sensitive than the analog's
TPS.....so even thought the guy w/ this system upgraded to the digital
controller (yet to know if it's the knobby one or comp. laplink etc) it's
not the 'same' as the full digital setup erggg, will see

PSS I'm just new to this forum so if this is off base someone please let me
know...  As well any sites w/ any info on the components Howell sells to
work w/ this and improve it would be great (I've heard they have several
ways to use GM components to greatly improve the reliability of the
system).  I'll have to call them later...

thanks in advance

Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

 '80 327ZX   IZCC#255, Edmonton Z-car Club #44, British Columbia ZCR
Life's a journey, not a destination.. Enjoy the pitstops and maximize the
straights

mailto:zxv at istar.ca     *New ICQ # 11549358
http://home.iSTAR.ca/~zxv/index.shtml
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg