holley 4d_ efi changes??

Ross Corrigan zxv at istar.ca
Sun Nov 22 06:34:14 GMT 1998

>>PS just read in hotrod dec/98 has one article w/ the 4di answering a
>few of
>>my q's, the digital systems TPS is far more sensitive than the analog's
>>TPS.....so even thought the guy w/ this system upgraded to the
>Again - just guessing here but I'd have a hard time believing they use
>two different TPS sensors, one on the old analog and one on the new
>digital.  Perhaps the author meant that the new *system* worked better
>than the old one?

No, he was clear they are different.
It says "the digital one uses a a more sensitive TPS that is able to read
the amount and the reate of throttle opening, with input from the MAP and
high-sensitivity TPS, the ECM discerns the difference b/t a slow rise in
throttle position vs. a quick one so that the accel. pump fuel/graph can be
altered appropriately to avoid bogging."

one short writeup is at
http://www.whit.org:80/jcaudle/hefi.html
not technical at all, just a simple comment on the system and its
tuneability/circuits

Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

 '80 327ZX   IZCC#255, Edmonton Z-car Club #44, British Columbia ZCR
Life's a journey, not a destination.. Enjoy the pitstops and maximize the
straights

mailto:zxv at istar.ca     *New ICQ # 11549358
http://home.iSTAR.ca/~zxv/index.shtml
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg