Misc ?? EFI

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Sun Nov 22 09:20:15 GMT 1998

"Bill the arcstarter" <arcstarter at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also assuming there are scaling conventions on the INT and BLM
> constants, ie, 128 decimal = "perfect, no adjustment =1.00", etc...
> Does anyone know the total amt of "adjustment" to the calculated fuel
> delivery which the INT and BLM can command?  I wouldn't think it could
> be very large, perhaps 20% or so?? (just a guess)

Several ECMS use this formula:

  modified_pulse_width :=
    original_pulse_width  *  ( BLM / 128 )  *  ( (INT + 128) / 256 )

This means that INT has twice the resolution, but less range than BLM.
Both BLM and INT are pinned to min and max values as programmed into the
PROM.  Their range is actually rather limited.