Projection 4_ update/actual info on system FS

Ross Corrigan zxv at istar.ca
Tue Nov 24 03:08:10 GMT 1998

firstly thanks for your patience and responses, I'm a true greenhorn at EFI
and haven't been able to find any good info on the holley analog system.
All I've seen now is their digital system's that go closed loop.  Anyone
know if the following 'could' go closed loop and if not will it still yield
good mpg once setup correctly?  thanks for any input...

Finally got of hold of the seller:

the full analog system ~ 2 yrs old, then he purchased the digital ECU that
hooks up to a computer etc... had it all setup on a dyno w/ their computer

it is complete w/ all the analog/original sensors, fuel pump, wiring
harness  (ie. he didn't add any new sensors/just the digital ECU controller)

it has an O2 /MAP/sensors and a 'cold start switch' he said goes in the
cylinder head (so a temp sensor exclusive for the system I guess) and he
thought it had an airtemp sensor when I asked (he said it's on the top of
the throttle body so seemed to make sense)

He was advertised at $1000CD but I know I can get it for $650CD ($428US, I
told him how much they've changed etc) tops and maybe even less.  Seems a
fair deal IF the throttle body is going to be functional for me.  Is this
worth it IYO?  I"d ask more q's if I knew more but hard to ask q's on a
system that's foreign to oneself!  If it was the complete 4D or 4Di system
I'd definitely get it but no knowledge on how the older TB and sensors work
w/ the digital....enough blabbing

He's 1.5 hrs away, maybe this wknd I'll get a chance to check it out (or
purchase, not much I know how to check on this).

thanks in advance

Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

 '80 327ZX   IZCC#255, Edmonton Z-car Club #44, British Columbia ZCR
Life's a journey, not a destination.. Enjoy the pitstops and maximize the
straights

mailto:zxv at istar.ca     *New ICQ # 11549358
http://home.iSTAR.ca/~zxv/index.shtml
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg