holley 4d_ efi changes??

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Nov 24 13:47:37 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond C Drouillard <cosmic.ray at juno.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 1998 1:12 AM
Subject: Re: holley 4d_ efi changes??

>On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:29:57 -0800 (PST) andy quaas
><realsquash at yahoo.com> writes:
>>There were many pissed posters there.  Now the board is gone.  Almost
>>all of those messages (and i read almost all of them!) were in
>>reguards to the analog, open-loop, TPS only system.  I have contacts
>I put the 4Di on my Jeep Grand Wagoneer's AMC (not Chrysler!) 360.  If
>you can install a radio and an aftermarked carb, you can install this
>system.  It works OK even without being programmed when cruising because
>of the O2 sensor.  I learned a lot about EFI by programming the thing.
>
>If I was going to do it again (and I might), I would get the pot
>programmer to rough it in, and tweak it from there.
>
>One feature that I have yet to use is the programmable ignition timing.
>Does anyone here know how to get a GM HEI to listen to a Motorcraft
>Duraspark pickup?  If someone has a copy of the doctor's guide to
>optomizing your ignition, I would appreciate a quick recap or scanned
>page or whatever.

If there are two wires leading from the pickup coil in the distributorr
and if thye have 800-1000 ohms resistance then just wire them into
the gm module, as "normal" the thing is that the can be reversed so
you need to make sure your set up is as advanced as possible.
  I forget where but their was another posting just recently saying
this was backwards (using the most advance combo, do to rotor
phasing), might try it both ways, and report back (please)
Cheers
Bruce