Gm Programming

Jemison Richard JemisonR at tce.com
Tue Nov 24 13:17:53 GMT 1998

Modula 2 is a programming language based on Pascal.  It has more flexibility
than Pascal however (sort of like Turbo Pascal for those of you that are
familiar with that) but with added constructs.  It is a separate language in
it's own right.  I don't think the profitable way to handle reverse
engineering the code is to try translating Modula to C or C++.  Leave it in
Modula and simply change the code as needed and leave it alone.  I don't
think for changes like mapping and variables you would even need to
recompile and relink unless there is no space for your changes.  Even that
can be handled faster and easier than translating one language to another
(unless you have / create software to do that efficiently).  Modula was a
popular language at one time ( it was very popular in UNIX business circles
and universities in the early to mid 80's) so there should be plenty of
people around that can code in it.

Rick