Reading Flash Memory.

Richard Wakeling kojab at ar.com.au
Tue Nov 24 06:34:17 GMT 1998

Hi to everyone.

	Up until now I have not needed to read any flash memory chips but I
have come across a M28F201-120N together with several other surface
mounted chips which are mounted on a small PCB which plugs into an "EFI
Diagnostic ECM Fault Reader".
	My NET searches tell me that the "Needhams EMP-30" Programmer is able
to read the M28F201 but being a surface mount package of only 18mm by
8mm there is no way that you would remove this from its own PCB to read
or reprogramme it.
	What package would this M28F201 be?, PLCC32 or TSOP32 or possibility
another type?
	Although the M28F201 has 32 pins the PCB that it is mounted on ends up
with 38 pins where it plugs into the main unit. What is the best way to
go about trying to read this flash chip?

Would appreciate any help.
Cheers Richard.