Gm Programming

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Wed Nov 25 00:06:54 GMT 1998

>Interesting stuff.  Keep this one for future reference.  Ada is always used
>in government jobs because the government standardized on it.  ADA is kind
>of a blur of several 3gl languages.  People that have to use it like it.
>Some people have just picked it up because they wanted to and find it solves
>everything (that's what it was supposed to do!  I'm not completely buying
>into that one).  The main thing is that it standardized coding for the
>government).
>
>The fact that Modula-GM is used in GM - there should be literally a wealth
>of information on this product through people in the GM organization.  Might
>even be some documentation online somewhere. FWIW
>
>Rick

Another thought on this:

The gummint buys a LOT of vehicles from GM, Ford, Chrysler. Both through
GSA and the armed forces. There is just a chance that somebody (my first
and best bet would be on the armed forces) insisted that the vehicle
suppliers document the code used to program any computer controls in the
vehicles which they were purchasing-----Just a chance, but maybe somebody
who knows military vehicle service manuals really well might just be able
to come up with something(s) which would be an answer to our fondest
dreams!!

Regards, Greg