[RE: Gm Programming]

tedscj at usa.net tedscj at usa.net
Wed Nov 25 04:06:46 GMT 1998

> Another thought on this:

> The gummint buys a LOT of vehicles from GM, Ford, Chrysler. Both through

> GSA and the armed forces. There is just a chance that somebody (my first

> and best bet would be on the armed forces) insisted that the vehicle

> suppliers document the code used to program any computer controls in the

> vehicles which they were purchasing-----Just a chance, but maybe somebody

> who knows military vehicle service manuals really well might just be able

> to come up with something(s) which would be an answer to our fondest

> dreams!!

I was in the military and we , as engineers (the barbed-wire stringing kind!),
were responsible for maintaining our own equipment with little or no help from
above.  Anyway, I can tell you that military service manuals are notoriously
void of details.  You end up having to figure things out on your own... so
don't hold your breath!
Ted