Does anyone have a 7730 v6 .Bin?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Nov 25 05:17:32 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: tedscj at usa.net <tedscj at usa.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 1998 11:50 PM
Subject: Does anyone have a 7730 v6 .Bin?

>Hi,
>I was playing around with the new map editer by Christian Hack
>and I think I stumbled across the fuel map for the TPI V8s using the
>7730 and 7727 ECMs. (I got the bins from the ftp sight.) My car
>uses a 7730 ECM, but with a V6 ("w" code engine with MAP- not
> MAF).
>Does anyone have one of these .bins so that I can see if the fuel
> map is in the same place?

There are literally hundreds of arrangements of tables per ecm model.  If
you were to post a specic Broad Cast Code, then some
one might have it.  The BCC is written on the memcal.  Hopefully
it would have a 4 digit number, and 4 alpha characters

>I would be glad to share the Fuel map address with the group (if it
> is indeed the fuel map), but I have noticed that no one else has.
> shared any information like this except for with the 747.  Is there
 some reason why I SHOULDN'T share
>this information?  Like does someones livelyhood depend on this
> remaining a secret?

This stuff is so old, I doubt anyone cares.  As long as you are using this
information for an educational purpose, again noone would care.  Maybe some
really current stuff folks might ruffle feathers
over, but some folks are selling software to even do those, without
worry..  Is someone making money of this stuff being kept secret,
yes.   Some of the folks that know how have put lots of time into
figuring things out, and since it is their work they would just as soon
keep it to themselves.  My opinion is by getting more people
involved maybe we can as a group push things along.

One of the projects on the self is the 730.  Just since I've already
started on it, gonna be using the AUJP.  Which is a MAP application
maybe if you wanted to look at that, and asked around where the
cylinder select is then ya could help with the programming series.

>Of course, This may not be the fuel map after all, but I believe it is
>for a number of different reasons other than "it just looks like one."
>I would also like someone who knows more than myself (that would >be just
about anyone!) to look at this and tell me if I am seeing a
> "mirage" or something.

If your working on a AUJP send me what you think you got, and I'll
look at it.
Bruce