holley 4d_ efi changes??

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Wed Nov 25 05:38:10 GMT 1998

<snip>

>>One feature that I have yet to use is the programmable ignition timing.

>>Does anyone here know how to get a GM HEI to listen to a Motorcraft
>>Duraspark pickup?  If someone has a copy of the doctor's guide to
>>optomizing your ignition, I would appreciate a quick recap or scanned
>>page or whatever.
>
>If there are two wires leading from the pickup coil in the distributorr
>and if thye have 800-1000 ohms resistance then just wire them into
>the gm module, as "normal" the thing is that the can be reversed so
>you need to make sure your set up is as advanced as possible.
>  I forget where but their was another posting just recently saying
>this was backwards (using the most advance combo, do to rotor
>phasing), might try it both ways, and report back (please)
>Cheers
>Bruce

I tried that.  It wouldn't fire the module, no matter what polarity I
tried.  Someone with a 'scope looked at the output of a duraspark and a
GH HEI distributer and the duraspark had a stronger signal.  I suspected
the module, so I hooked the HEI distributer to the module and twisted it
by hand.  I was getting lots of spark and the injecters fired.

The only thing I can figure is that there is an impedance difference or
one is grounded and the other one floats.  If I had a little equipment, I
could make an adapter with an op-amp without any trouble at all.  As it
is, I don't know the characteristics of either signal.

Ray