Ox sender actual function

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Nov 26 02:13:17 GMT 1998

>The last time i was at EPA AnnArbor I saw a bunch of co-op students
>doing a study on a themometer, they seemed a little green.
>The SAE does not seem to have much if any type of paper review
>committe, which is helpful if you are in a publish or perish
>situation, and also probably why not in most univ. libs.
>Some of the IEEE journals have a lot of automotive info.
>alex
>> Please do!! As I said at the time, I believe that sound science from anyone
>> in or funded by the EPA is an oxymoron. (maybe they found that our HEGO
>> sensors detect BS and oxymorons as well as O2, so tried to make them go
>> extinct??  :-)

I'd prolly be a lot wealthier if I were as polite as you are when
describing blatant incompetence!!. Competent peer review is a totally
accepted part of calling any kind of work "science". If there is no peer
review, it simply ain't science!! No ifs, ands, or buts!! (Of course, if
the money comes out of Washington DC, there might be some butts, but (a one
t but) that's different!!) :-)

I ask you---what better way to advance a pseudo technical political agenda
and give it an aura of respectability to the uninitiated than to publish a
paper on (spparently) scientific research through an (apparently) reputable
organization which does not follow a strict regimen of peer review!! WHAT
AN ABSOLUTE CROCK!!!

And I'll bet that LOTS (IF NOT MOST) expensive regulatory (NHTSA and EPA,
not to mention INSURANCEE INSTITUTE (joan Claybrook)) decisions, based on
(so-called) cost-benefit analyses are based on just this sort of "science".
Calling it a travesty earlier was too polite a term, I guess!!

BTW--HAPPY THANKSGIVING, ALL!!! :-)

Regards, Greg