V8 S-10 and '747

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Thu Oct 1 21:00:18 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:
> How long does it take to unplug an ecm, and plug another in?.
> It's a plug+play,  The 747 just ignores the MAT sensor.
> BTW, When I suggested the 747 it was cause it was easier to find, and
> we had some table locations for modifing it.  If your perfectly happy
> with the one ya got, no reason to change.
> The ecm ya got is the car.  The 747 is truck.  Supposedly the
> truck ecms are designed for more torque applications.  Weither
> they mean in the software or hardware I don't know.  As I mentioned
> before the car has the run lean mode for cruise.
> Cheers
> Bruce

It's that simple?  Never would have guessed.  I assumed there would be
sensor and wire harness changes.  Man, that makes all the difference.
There are some things I want to change like the idle settings (too high
right now, like 1050 rpm).  So I can go get a '747 ECM, and a copy of a
prom from a 350 truck, and I'll be set to go?  And I can keep the 6965
under the seat for emergency backup?  Too cool. Thanks, Bruce  <picks up
phone to call junkyard>

--steve

ps, still curious to hear from the original poster about before-n-after.

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com
Advanced Risc Machines, Inc.