diacom ? talking to ECU's

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Thu Oct 1 21:09:01 GMT 1998

Stowe, Ted-SEA wrote:

> does a GM 1226867 have any communication capability ?, I have seen threads
> about talking rs-232 to the units but I never understood how this got
> accomplished and what this would get me.
>
> I would think that if I had the oem socket I could plug in something to help
> me with the readout codes ?
>
> thanks, Ted.

Ted, according to Ludis' homepage, that ECM is a C3 ECM with serial
pinout on pin C6.  Therefore, it should have the 160 baud ALDL stream.
Look in the archives for information about C3 ALDL.  It won't connect to
the rs-232 port, but you could hook it to the printer port and program a
uart in software.  With some trickery (described in the archives) you
can hook it to the rs232.  A regular old scan tool like diacom or a
handheld unit should read it also.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet