got diacom trace

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 2 00:48:32 GMT 1998

At 08:07 PM 10/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
>OK, Got a diacom trace from when my car is doing that hiccup thing.
>It *LOOKS* like I'm goosing the throttle, but I don't recall doing
>it during the run.  Actually I kept putting it in capture mode until
>I grabbed a session where it did the buck/cut out thing.

Sounds like a ground problem... If the TPS voltage suddenly went to max,
the ground could have opened up and allowed it to float to 5 volts... or
the TPS could have a bad spot in it.  Did any other sensors output suddenly
jump? if so, it may be an underhood ground, or a broken ground wire in the
harness.

>Anyways...  I have converted it to a comma-delimited file.  Anybody
>willing to take a look at it for me?

I will...
n5xmt at bellsouth.net

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
                     We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!