High idle after start

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 9 12:06:17 GMT 1998

Ludis Langens wrote:

> "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net> wrote:

I don't know about other GM #'s   but I was told that on the '87 vette, the one
that uses the MAF sensor, and for sure 1227730 MAP hookup,  by the guys that did
my hot rod chip....that the computers do definately look for specific idle
speed....~700 rpm's in each case....there are several IAC motor pintle shapes,
not sure as to why they bother, but they have a definate affect on idle speeds
under various conditions...
airflow charactoristics are changed under differant conditions..GENE

--

Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\