Cheap O2 Sensors and reference air

Chris Conlon synchris at ricochet.net
Sat Oct 10 05:21:08 GMT 1998

> If the wires are properly crimped you will not loose the reference atmospheric
> air inside the wires.

Ok, I'll bite. Could someone please explain to me how the reference air
for an O2 sensor is inside the wire or comes from the wire? I had kind
of figured there was an active layer (or layers), with thin conductive
film electrodes on each side, which still allowed O2 to pass through,
with the wires attached to the thin-film electrodes.

Honestly I'm not trying to be difficult, or disagree with what anyone has
said about how these sensors work, I'm just trying to *understand* it.

   TIA,
   Chris C.