Sanity Check

Mike Pitts mpitts at mail.emi.net
Sat Oct 10 05:47:13 GMT 1998

I've almost figured out the part of my PCM where base fuel flow is
calculated.
One of the main components is pressure represented as actual kPa form.
So I am assuming all units are metric.  The only differences between the V6
and V8 calibration are the two table lookups and the injector constant.

1) IdealMassAir (gm) = (Pressure (kPa) / TempRelatedTableLookup) * 0.6235
2) ActualMassAir (gm) = IdealMassAir (gm) * VolumetricEfficiencyTableLookup
(0-1)
3) MassAirFlow (gm/sec) = ActualMassAir (gm) / TimeBetweenReferenceCounts
(InverseEngineSpeed)
4) DesiredFuelFlow (gm/sec) = MassAirFlow (gm/sec) / AirFuelRatio
5) InjectorPWM = DesiredFuelFlow (gm/sec) / InjectorConstant (gm/sec)

Does this look right?  I am pretty sure about the parameters, it's the units
that
I'm not certain of.  FWIW: The InjectorConstant in my 4.3L V6 is 10.04.  The
InjectorConstant in a 5.7L V8 is 24.61.  Does this sound right for a single
injector (CPFI or TBI) application if the unit of injector flow is
represented
in grams/second??

Anyone?

Thanks,
-Mike  "Thinking the universe is made up of nothing but hex numbers"
Mike Pitts
Delray Beach, FL
mpitts at emi.net
http://www.emi.net/~mpitts/mike.htm