motorcycle intake manifold

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Sat Oct 10 05:48:21 GMT 1998

I used ordinary hose clamps on my Holley Pro-Jection setup without a
problem.  Most of the connections aren't even beaded.  The secret is to
slip about three inches (or more) hose over the tubing and to use two
clamps.  It also helps if there is no room for the hose to blow off.

I have been running this way for a year (15,000 miles or so) without a
problem.

Let's see... with 3/8" tubing... (3/16)^2 * 3.14159 * 60 = 6.63 Lbs.  I
don't think that even fifty pounds would pull my double-clamped joints
apart.

Ray