map sensor, scan tool

Robert W. Hughes rwhughe at hal-pc.org
Mon Oct 12 15:15:10 GMT 1998

1 bar map sensors have green connector insert, 2 bar sensors have
orange, haven't looked at 3 bar.

If you are interested in a scan tool for personal use (cost counts) on
95 or earlier cars check out the AutoXray XP240. Cable is unique to
Ford, Chrysler, or GM and is the only accessory needed to convert
between brands(no configuration rom packages for extra $$). I have seen
the tool for sale on the web for as little as $180 with one cable. The
only disadvantage I have found is there is no serial port to move stored
data to a pc, you have to push buttons, read data, type into pc if you
want to do that.
--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering