MAP part numbers??

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Mon Oct 12 17:01:01 GMT 1998

Jake Sternberg wrote:

> can anyone give me the part numbers for 1 and 2 and even 3 bar
> MAP sensors used in the early 90's, like on a '91 350 pickup?
>
> mainly i need the part number of a plain vanilla 1-bar MAP.
>
> is there any other way to tell what kind of sensor you're looking at?
>
> -jake

Hey Jake, not getting on your case or anything, but the archive is a
great place to find questions like that.  Here's what I found:

>MAP sensor part # for an 84 Chrysler turbo (2 bar absolute):  P5249052
>for 85-86 Chrysler (2 bar A):  P5249053
>Both are attached directly to the ECU.

87-91 GMC Pick-ups 4.3, 5.7, 7.4
90-92 Cam/Corv/Firebird v-8
87-91 Chev P-U 2.5
97-91 Astrovans v-6
Come to think of it any Throttle Body Injected Chevy Buick Olds Pont
Turbos with MAPs are 2-bar versions (GM, Chevy, BOP)
A-Grnd
B-v out
C-+5
Cheers
Bruce

Thw 2 bar is from Syclone, Typhoon, Sunbird..
The 3 bar runs a boost gage in a '89 3.8 turbo TA

Apparently a MAP sensor stamped "460" is a one bar sensor

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com