TBI manifold on OLD heads

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Tue Oct 13 18:52:01 GMT 1998

I've done it, and it worked.  But it was not very aesthetically
pleasing, and I had to spend a bunch of time on it.  It leaves you with
large slots in the center, which I was able to cover with some special
washers I made.  I used shouldered bolts from the original manifold/head
combo.  Can't tell you if they came loose, the vehicle has never been
back to the shop.  But I have no reason to suspect they would have.  No
torque wrench, just like many older carb. manifolds.  this is where the
"calibrated elbow" is practical.

Shannen