Learning to type.... (was Re: Programming 101 web page)

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 14 01:42:39 GMT 1998

> > Not enough resolution on what I have for the 747, dia reads it
> > out on the others.  I still need a .5x to 15.5x msec pulse width
> > meter for reading pulses really close if anyone has any ideas.
> > Bruce
>
> Don't you have a scope, Bruce?
>
> Here's an idea:  A pic that watches the pulsewidth, counts it, and
> prints the length on three 7 segment LEDs.  Can a PIC expert implement
> it?

Yes, It would also be easier to send to rs232 for recording so you
could use a 8 pin chip. There is some PIC timing info. in archives.
Another method is to download this software at
http://www.comnet.ca/~logixell/Demo.htm
and connect to your printer port, this is a free working 1 channel
logic analyzer, tells you which wire to cut in your printer cable,
so you can use it now.  It is DOS based, I downloaded it last
year but have never had time to hook it up, I use my PIC's for
any timing stuff.
I would suggest a interface circuit, I'm sure there some nasty
+ and - spikes.
alex