Programming 101

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Oct 14 16:03:49 GMT 1998

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Jason Weir wrote:

> I think I have found the min and max integrator values.... Can someone
> verify this for me...Carl?  Bruce? Greg?
>
> 0x2c3 is min
> 0x2c4 is max
>
> ABUL, Howell    min = 60  max = 178
> AKAL, ACSW, AJUK, AMUR, ASDU, Edelbrock    min = 40  max = 150

I cannot confirm or deny it being correct, but does anyone know why
they pick certain values for the min and max integrators, and for that
matter min and max values for the block learns?  Is it just to keep
things within where GM expects a stock vehicle to operate, and if so,
on modified vehicles that need things a bit wider, is there any reason
not to enlarge the range to allow things to work better?  I have
noticed my car maxing out on leaning out things.  I have had the
integrator at 0 and the block learns at 108 (108 seems to be the min),
first I am going to check to see if it looks like it is staying about
in the center or not.  I may just have to lean things out some more in
part throttle tables to make it control things better.

				Roger