BLM cells

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Wed Oct 14 22:58:15 GMT 1998

Jason Weir wrote:

> Is there any way on the 747 to output the contents of memory to tell
> what the BLM numbers are for the 16 BLM cells?

Custom scan tool.  But the 160 ALDL is painfully slow.

> anyone know how the cells are broken down, I know they are rpm by load
> but what are the exact #'s..

Varies by calibration.  Sometimes they don't use all 16.  Sometimes only
two!

> Any suggestions on where I should start?

The code, the code!

> Are the learned BLM numbers stored in RAM or in the CPU?

RAM

> Make changes to the fuel tables then drive it for a while <snip>

Sometimes that works.  A faster ECM with a better scan tool is a better
idea.  Sometimes I shut the BLM off completely and just let the
integrator adjust fuel.  Then just take my son along to call-out the
integrator at various times.  He works great!   Oh, and DIACOM can
record the conditions for a while too.

Scot Sealander   Sealand at clarityconnect.com