any boaters out there?

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Fri Oct 16 19:47:05 GMT 1998

Boater here!
Steve : Is it a 140 hp Mercruiser with stern drive that you have?Alu block
with one v8 head? Then you can worry about the cam seal,if it leaks you
get water in the oil pan.Is it freshwater cooled ,then worry about
corrosion inside the head,exhaust .... Check the water pump impreller in
your stern drive, look for water in gear (gray look) housing,Damages to
bellows , and outgoing axlejoints.Put the gear in reverse before
taking the drive of.
Some boatbuilders has started to use some kind of foam/ plastic instead of
wood  in the transom,it will not root.

My Motion 25 fot Catamaran (US made),did not hit the water this season.I am
hoping to get the two 2,5l Mercury efi engines fixed until May.Both blocks
need to
be line bored,do to severe pounding of 2nd.main bearing.One is fixed with
steel sleeves.One of the blocks is ported , mainly in exhaust chest.I have
worried about
how the engine runs with a standard efi.The efi system on these 2 strokers
use old
d-jetronic injectors with hose.Some says the system is analog.Its difficult
to say because the efiboxs is filled with silicon / rubber or sumpin.Its
map and trottle position based.Somebody who knows anything about this Efi
system?Maybe its GM?

I love cars, but boats is the ultimate in freedom ,no speedlimits in the
Ocean.
You can make the boat as radical as you want without  having to obey
regulations
and laws.The down side is fuel consumtion.In Norway fuel is expensive:4us$
a gallon.I am dreaming of converting the engines to LPG.One company in
England
do convert two strokers:Marine eco power LTD.Waiting for info from them.
I want to inject liquid lpg trought injectores.Will the D-jetronic
injectors stand 25 kg?
Any input on this subject is apreciated.
Espen Hilde