Cyl Select onna 747

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Oct 17 14:30:21 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Shannen Durphey <shannen at mcn.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Saturday, October 17, 1998 4:34 AM
Subject: Re: Cyl Select onna 747

>> Well seems like someone had too much free time, so he set
>> the cyl sel on his 747, to 4 cyl.,and tried it in his 7.4L gm Pickup.
>> Was way rich but rpm read right, and drivibile.

>Didja get lotsa knock (on scantool)??

Matter of fact no.   Also, he burnt a chip with all the timing entries
doubled, and the engine ran much better.  I'll have to check to see
if he had any timing retard, from knock.

  I'd think that ECM would see
>extremely rapid RPM increase and advance timing too fast.

Me and Doc are confused here.  Even spinning the tires with a
higher than stock stall converter has never been a problem.
I don't see where a rate of change, would be a problem.
Cheers
Bruce

  That