Engine & Injectors- Water and Sugar in Fuel

Andrew W. MacFadyen am018 at post.almac.co.uk
Sat Oct 17 17:24:42 GMT 1998

Back in the seventies I worked in an oil refinary they used to but an
abrasive bedding in compound in the oil of air large rotating  machinery
after renewing the bearings -- I think it was called "Time Saver" made in
the USA we used to have trouble getting it here in the UK. The compound was
self destructing as the machine ran it became finer and finer, the makers
claimed you didn't have to change the oil until the normal oil change
interval -- it seemed quite effective.
----------
> From: Jim Davies <jimd at vcc.bc.ca>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: Engine & Injectors- Water and Sugar in Fuel
> Date: 17 October 1998 04:35
>

> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Tom Sharpe wrote:
>
> > Old trick,,,, If you have an engine w/ chrome rings that won't seat,
(or a worn
> > out one with no ring seal) just sprinkle some Bon-Ami down the intake
while
> > running... usually seals them right up. just don't talk about using
bananas to
> > quiet down rear ends.
> >
> Speaking of Champion Spark Plug's old tech sheets, they also did a
Bon-Ami