return line to gas tank

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Oct 19 20:08:51 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Stowe, Ted-SEA <StowT at PerkinsCoie.com>
To: 'diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu' <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, October 19, 1998 2:55 PM
Subject: return line to gas tank

>hi.
>
>I'm just about to go out and find a shop to do some light brazing or
>welding, to add a fuel return line to my mgb gas tank.

Usually radiator shops will.

I bought a used
>sender/fuel line unit, so I could take the fuel line off that and add it to
>the existing one in my car. before I do this, are there any rules about
fuel
>return lines ? other than don't point it at where the float would be
sitting
>?

Some folks like for them to be above the fuel level, some below.
Holley on there retros use the filler neck as I recall.  Might wanna
scan the archives.  Time permitting, might solder braze a can to
the pickup, as a sump put a few 1/4" holes in it.  I used above, and
seems OK.
Bruce