More Fuel Return

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Tue Oct 20 14:14:53 GMT 1998

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Vogt Family wrote:
> I have read about even high pressure fuel injection systems with tank
> return still having vapor lock problems with frame rail mounted pumps.
> They even have pump overheating problems even though the full fuel flow
> is running THROUGH the pump motor.  The only thing that will solve some
> of these is going to an in the tank pump.

Ummmm, i dunno about that...There are an awful lot of Fords similar
to mine running around here with frame rail mounted pumps. We've
had our share of hot summers since it was manufactured in '89.
BTW--see also Volvo, Peugot, and other Bosch systems that use an
external pump (link available on the DIY_EFI website though the
material only hints at where the pump is actually mounted).

I think this whole thread started innocently enuf as someone
mentioned that even an in-tank pump will not be submersed when
fuel level gets low in the tank.

Please don't take this as a personal attack, I'm just trying
to point out that you can't believe everything you read.
Especially not here!  :)

-greg