return line to gas tank

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 20 21:47:45 GMT 1998

Clarence L.Snyder wrote:

> mrvette wrote:
> >
> > If done electronically,  I wonder how the built in inertia of the system from
> > the tank pump rpm delays to the fuel line resistance to flow is handled,  sems
> > there would be at least a 1/4 secod delay there,  which is way too much, wold
> > make the engine buck/stumble/die on acceleration, if the pedal is mashed
> > quickly....
> >
> > the built in bosch regulator should work though,  but wonder about the delays of
> > the moving air in the reg. vac. line...wouldn't that cause similar problems?
>
> Pressure in a closed vessel is equal and undiminished in all directions
> / points. How would you get a 1/4 second delay in "pressure" changes? If
> you were trying to regulate "flow" I could see the problem. If we were
> talkin a vapour instead of a liquid, I could see the problem, but we are
> talking a non-compressible fluid here.

-- Well we are regulating flow, as well as pressure, there is pump rotating
inertia, and an instant boost in pressure as the normal regulator on the engine
side of the line slams shut/closes and restricts the return line,  so more
instant presure on the injecter side/line....

but woldn't the amount of air in the vac sense line have intertia lag  about 6'
back to the tank?

GENE

                                ____________
Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\
Jacksonville, Fl.  :-)))     //______________\\
 Shift better with   |\ \\[  ]    |mrvette|   [  ]// /|