O2 sensor oscillations

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Oct 22 03:42:12 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill the arcstarter <arcstarter at hotmail.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 1998 11:27 PM
Subject: O2 sensor oscillations

In general terms/most applications:

Stoic (14.7:1) is a measurement of what is going in, not a matter of what
is coming out.

The engine at low/part throttle can run just fine without going that "rich",
but for the converters to average things out, and clean up the emissions
they
need the 14.7.   This is to also min all the rest of residues from the
combustion process.
Cheers
Bruce     Doc, and Grumpy got arrested tonight.   For selling jars of
traffic jam.
             Turned out to be Grape Jelly..