return line to gas tank

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 22 05:24:48 GMT 1998

Clarence L.Snyder wrote:

> mrvette wrote:
> >
> > Greg Hermann wrote:
> > >
> > > GENE--
> > > >
> > >  But I don't recall ever having an engine with intake and exhaust on the
> > > same side of the cyl head,
> > >
> > > Archaic, maybe--but I would hesitate to call an engine that will run 400K
> > > miles (like a certain B-30 Volvo I have has) a POOR design. And if you have
> > > not worked on any Volvo (pushrod), MG, Morris, Fiat (pushrod)
> > > Triumph-Standard, Chevy (either stove bolt 231/261 or late model
> > > 240/250/292) , Ford, Chrysler, GMC or IHC in line 6 cylinder motors in 35
> > > years,, WOW!! Or maybe all that time was spent sniffing Fiberglass resin??
> > > :-)>
> >
> > Well first off I'm in America,  So I don't seemany of much you describe,
> > certainly don't remember them and have never worked on them....including the
> > American ones you mention...I been a V8 man from the get go...
> > > >
> And you have NEVER had a heat riser valve malfunction?

I have always upon aquiring the car gotten rid of the heat riser valve,  they
are simply not needed south of Minnesota....:-)))

It must be awful
> hard to sit down, what with the horse-shoes :}

In this country, it seems that is what most drivers of Fiat, Renault,  et
al...do....

> I have seen vapour lock / perculation problems on LOTS of american V8s
> from the fifties, sixties, and seventies. When all the gas percs out of
> both float bowls on a big holley, a 327 or 302 Z can be AWFULLY hard to
> start.

Probably ones i the south with the heat risers stuck closed and the crossover
cooked crazy with a warped intake manifold....:-)))

--

Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\