Haltech F3 issues

Matt Beaubien mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Thu Oct 22 06:05:06 GMT 1998

Eddie,

> Also, I need a few hints on the wiring harness- the only wires I haven't
> identified are for the TPS, MAT, and coolant temp sensor. There is a
> purple/black pair that runs to a AMP connector (must be for one of the
> temperature sensors, but which one?), then I've got 5 other wires that are
> part of the sensor harness, all are cut: two blacks (grounds?), a gray (not
> to be confused with the 12v switched wire), an orange, and a white wire. I
> assume that the TPS (3 wire) and the other temp sensor (2 wire) each have a
> ground (black) wire, but where do the other 3 wire go (which colors belong
> to which sensors?)?

I too have a used F3. As far as wiring goes, Haltech will fax you a diagram
which should make your life easier. The one I have doesn't have any colours
on it, but it does have pinouts.

The only pin labled as TPS is #9, which is the the ninth pin from the
lefthand side, top row. The MAT is #7, and CTS #10.

I powered my F3 up the other day and ran into a problem of my own. I keep
getting an error message to asking me to RECONNECT HALTEC. If I press escape
a couple of times it sometimes resyncs and works sparadically. Turning the
turbo button on my P200 seems to help, so I think its an internal timing
problem with the 10 year old software. I spoke to Haltec about it and they
are willing to sell me some new software for $50 or whatever, but they're
not sure if it'll even work with the ancient F3. I have version 3P1 FWIW.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Matt Beaubien
mbeaubie at ualberta.ca