Small injectors

Francois Dion francois at hyperreal.org
Thu Oct 22 13:55:41 GMT 1998

mrvette wrote:

> I find it somewhat amazing that even with 35 years of development work it's
> still very difficult to find a factory production engine capable of making one
> hp. per cubic inch....about ~80 percent of that goal is the most attained

Not the case. Most 4 cylinders worth their weight are well over 1hp per ci.
All you are asking for is 61 hp per 1000cc.

> ...1.6
> liter is ~130 ci, as I recall

1.6 is 97.6 ci. 100 hp is fairly common from that size.

For example my Peugeot 405 Mi16, in stock form, US specs
(10 hp less than it's euro counterpart):
1.9L (115.9 ci) develops 150hp. Normally aspirated.

Ciao,
Francois Dion (francois at hyperreal.org)
--
Member: FLU #1722, PCNA