return line to gas tank

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 23 06:07:01 GMT 1998

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 wrote:

> > > --   propane tank....hehehe   I LIKE your thinking...that's just crazy enuff to
> > > work....gotta drill another input/throughput hole though...any idea how thick
> > > these things are?...and what the fuel flow rate is through a 3/8" od line at ~40
> > > psi is?     if the math works out   Im fairly certain there is a solution to
> > > mounting it.....
>
> propane tanks are about 1/8" thick steel
> they also come in a 5lb bottle size
>
> the little torch size 1qt tanks are about 1/16 thick
>
> Clive

even a 1/16 inch is a hell of alot stronger than the stamped steel tanks  I
think it will work great...you see my tank is a bottom gravity feed into the
pump, and pressurized rail to engine, and return at top of tank not even close
to p/up--filter sock...so addition of that extra reservoir of about that size
underneath in the fuel feed line to pump should just about adequately solve that
problem,  worth a cheap try anyhow.....thought about it, but couldn't come up
with a crash proof vessel I felt secure with.....GENE

--

Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\