Fuel injector test medium

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Fri Oct 23 19:32:30 GMT 1998

ECMnut at aol.com wrote:

> I have a bunch of injectors that no one seems to know
> the flow rates for...  Most are Japanese..
> Does anyone know of an inexpensive, non-flamable
> liquid that could be used for comparing injector
> flow rates?  I don't really care about it having
> the same flow characteristics as gasoline, because
> I'm looking for a way to 'compare' injectors.
> Something that won't cause the injectors to corrode.
> T.I.A.
> Mike V

Aha!  Another FAQ!  The poor archive gets so lonely.....  :-)

Mineral spirits has been sugested as a reasonable substitute.  Similar
density and viscosity, less flammable.

Go to the WWW page, click on projects and then the injector flowbench
article.  There is a discussion in there about gasoline substitutes.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com