Book on Control Theory

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri Oct 23 19:31:03 GMT 1998

Hi All--

The book I mentionaed last night was not so deeply hidden in the archives
after all.

The Control of Boilers
by Sam G. Dukelow
ISBN#: 0-87664-758-1
Instrument Society of America (years ago known as the American Society of
Instrument Engineers)
67 Alexander Drive, P.O. Box # 12277
Research Triangle Park, N.C. 27709

Not nearly as much math as I remembered--lots of down to earth, qualitative
talk and block diagrams. Yes, it's about boilers, but a lot about
combustion control, and a lot of sound control theory, and talk about how
to make things behave in a stable manner that crosses right over to our
stuff with just a wee bit of imagination applied to it.

Regards, Greg