No knock, knock

Andrew F. Gunnesch afgun at mongoose.dearborn.sgi.com
Fri Oct 23 21:15:51 GMT 1998

On Oct 23,  8:21pm, Matt Tomlins wrote:
> Subject: Re: No knock, knock
> Bruce
> I have had the same sort of problems with the 808. Changing the knock module
> from one memcal to the other moved the problem. It seems that not all
> modules are created equal.

I have a '165 ECM for my TPI motor.  I believe that I'm getting knock, but
the knock sensor and/or ESC module not detecting it.  Anybody have some
good diagnostics to determine this?  I've revved the snot out of it in
neutral like someone suggested, but no knock shows up on my Diacom.  No
codes stored either, so it doesn't think the knock sensor is bad...