ves/carr

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Oct 24 02:56:23 GMT 1998

>I think Greg hit right on the head.  It's all about control theory.
>Starting with just enough negative feedback to make our dreams a reality.
>A little negtive feedback in the MORE (power/efficiently/economy)equation.
>Controlling the costs for our dreams. How much DIY each person can do
>and finally controlling our right foot/wrist to balance the need for speed
>versus the offical costs that can be involved. :^)
>
>Have a good weekend,
>		     Jerry

You too, Jerry, and THANKS for the pat on the back. I do like those.

Even though, at 6'-8",  I hit the head more than enough , thank you! But,
at least it's kinda hard to hurt granite!!

A thought that just came to me based on what Jerry said above--for the guys
who have played with electronics all of their lives/careers:

This stuff (control theory) as spplied to fluid flow, vibrations,
mechanical motion, etc., etc., such as we are faced with in dealing with
efi stuff, is not one little steeenkin' bit different from what goes on in
analogue electronic circuits. The math is absolutely identical!!! The only
thing changed is the vocabulary and the notation symbols. Period!

Try to think of designing a way to control the fuel pressure in your fuel
rails (or any of the rest of the stuff we need to deal with) in the same
way that you would go about designing a circuit for a power output amp for
your stereo system, or, maybe even a bit closer parallel, a variable power
supply for such an amp with a fast enough slew rate to keep up with
whatever the actual outputs have to do.

Hah!!--Thought you had left analogue behind forever, huh?? Fluids stuff
won't likely go truly digital until we have pressure regulators which can
count the individual molecules!!

Happy Weekend, an' don't forget to set the clocks!

Regards, Greg