No knock, knock

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 24 03:13:30 GMT 1998

According to the GM Training Center Classes I have had the approved "J-Tool"
for checking the knock sensor is a wooden toilet plunger handle.  Use it to
tap on the block near the knock sensor, like dropping your pencil vertically
on the eraser to watch it bounce.  The knock sensor should pick this up as
an engine knock and retard the timing.  If no knock is noted,  it's time for
a new knock sensor.
Mark