Turbo project

Falb, John John.Falb at Unisys.Com
Tue Oct 27 16:40:28 GMT 1998

Why don't you pick up the latest edition of BIMMER and then make some
calls. Try Dinan, but you might want to wait until you assemble all of
the hardware so you know exactly how much boost you want to run.

John Falb
-----Original Message-----
From: ChrisBourk at aol.com [mailto:ChrisBourk at aol.com]
Sent: Monday, October 26, 1998 9:29 PM
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Re: Turbo project

Wow,

That was fast.  Now,  who can reprogram the stock ECU for $150 ???

Thanks...

<<
 Stock ECU reprogram $>150
 MSD ignition with boost retard $150?
 Smart spark2 programmable ignition control $239

 Hello all.

 I'm ready to begine slowly ordering parts to do my "Turbo 535 BMW"

 This is an older car - 1986 - so keeping it stock or using *genuine BMW
 parts*
 isn't an issure.  I'm thinking an adjustable pressure (rising rate)
fuel
 regulator will handle fuel enrichment up to about 7 psi (which is my
*stage
 1*
 goal here) without having to get different injectors but this still
leaves
 the
 spark curve (ignition) to deal with.

 The idea is to go "cheapest way" with Good parts.  Optimally I'd like
an
 Electromotive ignition and fuel injection system. But this is going to
cost.

 Soooo, how do I get the same benefits for a fraction of the cost???

 Ideas anyone???      let the chanting begin...

 Christopher >>