Home-brewing an ignition advance control

am018 am018 at post.almac.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 19:31:43 GMT 1998

I missed the start of this thread  -- I am pretty interested as one of the
ideas I am kicking around at the monent is a knock retard device for classic
50s & 60s cars designed to run on 101 octane fuel what we called 5 star in the
UK    --- basically idea just to put  few degrees spark delay in when knock  is
detected. The first part is a simple stand alone knock detector module. I know
things like this have already been done but as far as I know none is on the
market at the moment.
Andy Macfadyen