y2k and auto ecm's

am018 am018 at post.almac.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 14:33:44 GMT 1998

Problem is mainly ancient code fragments in Cobol programs written 20 years
or more back to the banks it is a major problem a lot of  retired programmers
have made a nest egg out of going back to work to rewrite code they wrote in
the seventies.
The other asspect is that to video recorder manfacturers it means a sales
boom !