Oxygen sensor and high speed stumble

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Oct 30 22:40:53 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: The Thibodeaus <vettenuts at efortress.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, October 30, 1998 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: Oxygen sensor and high speed stumble

>Have done what you suggest but with an Auto X-Ray rather than a Diacom.
>Difference between stock and PR chip for low speed ping appears to be the
>deletion of the EGR function.  But the problem alluded to below, i.e., the
>high speed loss of power happens with either the stock chip or the PR chip.
> The car appears to be starving for fuel almost like the fuel filter is
>plugged but I recently changed it.  That is why I pulled some fuel from the
>tank to ensure that I didn't get a load of crap or my tank wasn't dirty.
>So my question still remains, how marginal are the stock fuel pumps and if
>I boost the system pressure will it starve at higher RPM because the pump
>can't meet the demanded flow rate at the higher pressure.
>Bob T

This kinda gets to one of bruces other crazy ideas.  Run a isolated
guage on the rail side to be sure you have enough pressure.  Then
run a smaller guage to make sure you have gas being returned to the tank to
make you you have enough volume.  The ultra set-up
would be an adjustable Hobbs Switch with isolator, hooked to a
led/alarm.
  Trouble is that all of this needed done and validated before ya
had problems.
  So now if ya do the two guages, you'll find out of pump or injectors.
Bruce